President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of six new aides to the First Lady of Federal Republic of Nigeria, Aisha Buhari.
This was disclosed in a statement signed by the Director of Information to the First Lady, Suleiman Haruna.
The appointments come days after the First Lady returned from a long holiday in the United Kingdom.
According to her, although she had observed her 6 weeks long annual leave, she needed some extra time away to attend to her health.
See the list of aides and their portfolios below.
1) Dr. Mairo Almakura – Special Assistant on African First Ladies Peace Mission (AFLPM)
2) Muhammed Albishir – Special Assistant on Organization of African First Ladies for Development (OAFLAD)
3) Wole Aboderin – Special Assistant on Non-Governmental Organizations
4) Barr. Aiyu Abdullahi – Special Assistant on Media and Publicity
5) Zainab Kazeem – Special Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
6) Funke Adesiyan – Personal Assistant on Domestic and Social Events
The appointments take immediate effect.