North Korea threatens US and South Korea, launches two more missiles

North Korea has carried out its fourth missile test in 12 days as the Kingdom lashed out at the US and South Korea for holding joint military drills.

Two projectiles, believed to be short-range ballistic missiles, were fired over the Korean Peninsula from South Hwanghae province before landing in the Sea of Japan.

North Korea’s foreign ministry then issued a statement blasting US-South Korean military drills which began Monday, August 5th accusing the pair of rehearsing for an invasion. The North said that carrying out the drill risks derailing stalled nuclear talks, while warning Washington and Seoul that if they ‘disregard our repeated warnings we will make them pay heavy price.’

Kim Jong-un’s regime said the military drill flies in the face of accords it signed with both South Korea and the US last year during a dramatic thawing of relations.

The drills ‘prove that the U.S. and south Korean authorities do not have political will at all to implement the joint statements and that they remain unchanged in their position to continue to face us as an enemy,’ a spokesman said.

‘We remain unchanged in our stand to resolve the issues through dialogue,’ the statement added. ‘But the dynamics of dialogue will be more invisible as long as the hostile military moves continue.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.